In cooperation with the Research Unit "Cultural Transformations" at the University of Aarhus, project B02 "Transcultural emotional repertoires in and through Reality TV" in the Collaborative Research Centre 1171 "Affective Societies" is organizing a workshop on Monday, April 29, to support the exchange between the different projects.
During the workshop, researchers from both institutions will have the opportunity to introduce their work on the topics of affects, media, migration and affective practices in lectures. Following lectures will take place:
- Laura Sūna (FU Berlin): „Journalism and the order of emotions. Public discourses on migration“
- Sanne Eichner (AU): “Screening the Crisis in European Television Fiction”
- Nazlı Kilerci-Stevanović (FU Berlin): “Beyond Turkish-German Cinema: Analysing films of migration“
- Josefine Brink Siem (AU): “Analysing Affective Dramaturgies in Theatre and Television”
- Britta Timm Knudsen (AU): “Re-emergent hope in decolonial aesthetics”
- Dominik Mattes (FU Berlin): "From sensing bodies to affective governance: Ethnographic explorations of (diasporic) religion in Berlin".
- Carsten Stage (AU): "Young cancer patients' use and affective experience of social media”
- Marion Acker and Matthias Lüthjohann (FU Berlin): “New constellations of authorship? Some observations on gender and migration from a literary studies perspective”
- Christoffer Leiding Kølvraa (AU): “Far Right Feelings – beyond Fear and Loathing”