Job advertisement: Student assistant in subproject A06
Subproject A06 "Contested Property: Affect and Emotional in Transcultural Normative Conflicts about Ethnographic Collections in the Humboldt Forum" is seeking student support.
News from Nov 09, 2021
Freie Universität Berlin, Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften, SFB 1171: Affective Societies Project A06
Student Assistant60 hrs/month.fixed term until 30.06.2023
Reference number: SFB1171-A06-SHK-2-ENG
Application deadline: 29.11.2021
A heated debate has broken out about the status of ethnographic collections in Germany, in which the question of ownership is central. Using the example of the Tanzania collection of the Ethnological Museum Berlin in the Humboldt Forum, the research project A-06 in the SFB 1171 "Affective Societies" focuses on the affective and emotional dimension of property conflicts in which not only different groups of actors but also different property concepts compete with one another. As part of a multi-sited fieldwork in Germany and Tanzania, the project examines how property is institutionally transformed in this conflict, and the role of affect and emotion in these processes. The project is hiring a student employee to support the project team: PD Dr. Paola Ivanov (principal investigator), PD Dr. Jonas Bens (postdoc) and Laibor Kalanga Moko M.A. (predoc).
- Acquisition and evaluation of literature as part of the research project
- Support in the organization of conferences and workshops
- Transcription of research diaries and field interviews in English and German.
- Support with the data management of the project.
- Editing and editing of photo and video recordings.
- Maintenance of the research project's website.
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Interest in political and legal anthropology, material culture, and / or anthropology of emotions
- Confident handling of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Knowledge of the usual databases for obtaining literature in the humanities and social sciences
- Knowledge of Swahili (desirable, but not a prerequisite)
- Regional expertise in Eastern Africa, especially Tanzania (desirable, but not a prerequisite).
- Knowledge of working with image processing, graphics and video programs (desirable, but not a prerequisite)
- Experience with content management systems (desirable, but not a prerequisite)
- Experience in event organization (desirable, but not a prerequisite)
- Experience in dealing with QDS (MaxQDA, Atlas.ti etc.) (desirable, but not a prerequisite)
- Interested in writing a bachelor's or master's thesis on a project-related topic (desirable, but not a prerequisite).
For further inquiries: PD Dr. Jonas Bens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should be sent by e-mail together with relevant documents, quoting the reference number in PDF format (preferably as one document) to PD Dr. Paola Ivanov (email@example.com) or via mail to Freie Universität Berlin, Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften, SFB 1171: Affective Societes, Teilprojekt A06, Frau PD Dr. Paola Ivanov, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 14195 Berlin.
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.Freie Universität Berlin is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posting from 08.11.2021